03 January 2012

Out with the old, in with the new!

My first post of the year and too many ideas and thoughts that I am not sure where to start!

It is always worth taking the time to think, and to take a step back from who we are and what we are doing and most importantly, what we wish we were doing and where we wish we were living. And I have done just that over the past ten days, lounging at home over the Christmas period with only me, myself and I to ponder about my personal goals.

Perhaps not life goals, but 2012 goals certainly!

So here they are. A new year brings new hope, new good wishes and lots of excellent resolutions:

1. Invest my heart and soul into my jewellery brand and see it fly (hopefully ;-))
2. Send more letters, cards, surprises and gifts to my friends and family
3. Spend more weekends away visiting my friends, or discovering new places
4. Rid myself and my soul of "cloportes" (references from Amelie!)
5. Read more 'intelligent' magazines, news and improve my general knowledge
6. Get more involved in the blogosphere by doing more reading and writing
7. Stop once and for all buying cheap stuff (clothes, furniture, kitchen equipment, etc...) 
and invest in grown-up alternatives: less is more!

Currently I have an inexplicable drive and a feeling of being completely invincible. 
I want to do whatever I wish to do, and nevermind for the rest. 

I suppose all this is also driven by my and the boyfriend's two year plan: in two years maximum, we leave everything and do something different, be it move to Australia, open a shop (my forever dream!), do a mini world tour, move to France and just change jobs. 
Sometimes one needs to shake things up a little! :)

And there is no better feeling than to feel free and to look forward to a new start at the beginning of a new year.


On this note, I wish a very happy new year to all of you and let 2012 be a luscious and fabulous year!


1 comment:

  1. hej, sweets .. really you lived in Amsterdam.. how cool! still haven't been there yet! I know.. haha

    wishing you all the best for your New Years Resolutions List! xoxo

    ReplyDelete