21 October 2011

Give me the love of an orchestra

Most people will have a song, an album that they can hear over and over again, without ever feeling tired or bored by it, and keeping in tune with the lyrics, hitting repeat again and again.
Recently enough (in the grand scheme of my life), I have discovered Noah and the Whale 
and their magnificent album 'First days of spring'.

It is one those albums which will, to me, forever define the band, and be the one
against which all others will be assessed and judged.

Whenever I hear it, I feel a sudden burst of energy, a feeling of happiness and lightness.

Seeing them live a few days ago portrayed their music differently, 
in a way which was even deeper and more intoxicating. 
Listening to all the instruments play, absorbing the noise, I was in complete awe.

First days of spring

The love of an orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment