03 October 2012

Today I am (wearing) Lana Del Rey


Tweed dress from H&M.



I fell in love with this dress as soon as I saw it in the H&M booklet (yes it's sad). Lovely tweed teamed with a simple line detail and a flattering shape. And so I went and bought the dress, which magically fitted me like a glove. And when I say that, I really do mean tight like a glove.

A lot of people might judge, look at me weirdly saying that a person of my size (cringe!) could not possibly wear something like this. I just find it ever so flattering and very Mad Men-like. and in my book, anything Mad Men is pure class. Especially Joan.

I am a woman of curves that's for sure and I might as well make them my friends rather than my foes.

Now what I find most weird about the dress is it is one of the dress Lana Del Rey wears in the adverts. As the H&M adverts are everywhere at the moment, one can not really escape the fact that I am in fact wearing the advert and that I am in fact Lana Del Rey. Not literally of course.

It is not so much (or at all) whether she looks better in it than me, but when I look at the advert and I look at me (on the days I wear the dress obviously), I find myself surprisingly confused: am I the girl in the advert or am I the girl which so happens to be me?

You might have guessed that I do not 'usually' buy things that are advertised; they are usually way too fashionable, but on this occasion, I did and as a result, I am faced with a  dual personality syndrome, which let's face it is rather fun and is certainly giving me food for thought.

Philosophy aside; here is me with my gorgeous dress and my orange pee-toe shoes!




2 comments:

  1. I bought this the other day! i loved this range, but my earrings from the collection broke :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello you :)

      I really love this dress, so comfy and warm! Such a shame for the earrings, you should bring them back! I'm sure you'll get a new pair xx

      Delete